Our company wants to inform you that it will be lowering the maximum leverage available for currency pairs that will be likely affected the most due to forex market volatility before, during and just after the EU referendum in the United Kingdom.
On Thursday 23, June 2016 the United Kingdom will vote either to leave or remain in the EU.
The new margin rules will be activated after the financial markets close on June 17, 2016, and will be ended after trading closing on June 24, 2016.
New margin rules:
• Major GBP Crosses* [4%] % (1:25)
• Minor GBP Crosses* [4%] % (1:25)
• Exotic GBP Crosses* [8%] % (1:12.5)
• All EUR Crosses (Except EURGBP)* [2%] % (1:50)
* Unless present margin rule is higher, in which case present margin rule will prevail.
Please notice, that open forex trading positions will also be affected by those margin rule changes. In order to avoid possible losses like Stop Out or Margin Call, you may be asked to close some of your trading positions or make an additional deposit to increase your account's capability.
Margin rules for all other forex currency pairs will not be affected.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Customer Support Team.